Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Good Eats Wednesday: Caesar is a pleaser!

I'm continuing on my journey of homemade dressings today with a recipe for some flat out amazing egg free Caesar dressing. It's not my recipe, so here's the link to where I found it. I did tweak it just a bit. (no tabasco and more vinegar to cut down on calories per serving)

Before we begin, I think we need to have a talk about anchovies. If you are hesitant to use them, don't be! Trust me. They are essential in this dressing.
 If you taste them by themselves, they just taste like salty fishy deliciousness. I happen to really like them. So suck it up and use them. 

Ingredients: 
3 cloves garlic
6 anchovy fillets
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
10 grinds of pepper
juice of one lemon
1 cup olive oil


Grab a container with a lid. This is what you will store the dressing in, so choose wisely. Crush the garlic and add it to the container. Then chop the anchovies and smash them with the side of your knife until it is a rough paste. If you can find anchovy paste to begin with, use that. 

Then add the red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and lemon. Add the olive oil and shake until an emulsion forms. It will change color to a beautiful golden yellow.  

Done! You should eat it on a big ol salad with some chicken and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment