Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Adventure Time Friday: ABMD



WOAH!
My blog has over a thousand views. I am so excited! Half of them are probably my mom...KIDDING. Thank you guys so much for your support on my little blogging adventure. 

Without further ado, Apple Butter Makin' Days!

This here little festival is in the small Missouri town where my family is from. Way back to my Great Grandpa and Grandma. My grandparents met here. My mom and grandma went to school here. It's super small and cute. There's a hill in town named after my family because they all lived up there. I remember it as a place you go to visit family, mostly on the second week of October. Hmmmm....wonder why?  




They cook apple butter on the square (shown above) in big copper kettles and stick it in jars to sell. I bought four jars, and it is currently on its way here in a box. It was still warm when I bought it.  I can make apple butter at home, but it's just not the same at all. It bubbles and looks like lava. They have to stir it all the time or it will burn. No one wants that. 





They stir it with big wooden paddles. It's pretty neat. 



There was a parade that we didn't watch. We took the opportunity to check out the booths. They all have to be handmade goods. I am related to a judge that made sure of that, thankyouverymuch. 



Um. apparently the only thing that I thought worthy of a picture in the boots was this guy, named Hillbilly Willie. 

Here's a picture of me with the apple butter queen. I was so star struck I just didn't know how to handle myself. 



Above is a picture of my lovely grandma showing me her final resting place. 
No, this is not weird at all. Totally normal. Carry on. 


Y'all have a great weekend! 














1 comment: