Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Booze Thursday: Juniper Rogue


One of our friendlies brought this beer to game night last week. I was super excited to see the bottle, as he mentioned it last time he was over. Juniper Pale Ale is by Rogue Brewing out of Newport, OR. They make gin at their brewery in Newport as well, which is relevant because Juniper berries are a main flavor-er in gin. 

I am going to try a more structured way of reviewing beer.
 A=Appearance, S=Smell, T=Taste, M=Mouth Feel. 

A- Light Amber, White Head that lasted a long time. 
S- Slightly Juniper-y, Bready/Yeasty
T-Bready and Bitter (but not overwhelmingly so) with a Juniper finish. 
M- Very Carbonated, Smooth

I like this beer so much! My only regret is that it's fall and not summer. I'm working on transitioning to the heartier beers. I will be drinking this a lot next summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment