Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DIY Tuesday: Photo-palooza!

My momma gave me a bunch of old pictures when I was in Missouri. I am so in love with them and I wanted to display them right away. 

I had a frame that I got from Goodwill, with pretty cool water skiing dude in it. I buy lots of frames from Goodwill because they are so cheap. I think frames are too expensive...but I'm also super cheap. 

I laid out all of the pictures onto the frame, and took a picture so you guys could see what I came up with. I just played around with it until I found something that I liked. 



Then, I pulled out water skiing dude and the glass. Then I painted the frame the same black that I had used on the other frames in the room I wanted to hang it in.
 This sh*t is bananas...b-a-n-a-n-a-s. 


Then I cut a piece of grey fabric for my backing. I ironed it and duct taped it onto the mat with the water skiing dude. Duct tape is my friend! This frame didn't have a cardboard back on it (not a big deal at all) so I got to face water skiing dude toward the wall so I can see him whenever I want to. Aw. 




Next, I stuck the photos onto the mat in the same arrangement with some acid free photo stickers. 



Then I stuck the whole thing in the frame and stuck it on the wall. 

TADA! 



I know that there's one crooked picture in the frame. One corner came unstuck when I popped it in the frame. I did fix that, promise. You just don't get a fixed picture, sucka!

Here's a couple of close ups of my momma and her cousin. 



How rad is that poncho? And you can see the VW bus in the garage. Groovy! 




3 comments:

  1. Oh those glasses...what was I thinking????
    Love these very memorable pictures, Sheridan, and that you selected them for your collage.
    Now, I have some of very memorable pictures of you from 2012, which your offspring might enjoy posting (or whatever they will be doing) in the future. All I need is your address. XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE it!
    Poncho picture IS so rad!
    xo
    SIL

    ReplyDelete