Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Random Monday: STOP: Rug Time

I was going craaazy with the formal living room. 
It felt so cold and dark. It still is dark, but now it's cozier. 



I needed a rug desperately. We finally decided that although I had wanted a brighter rug, a neutral shag rug would be more authentic to the mid century style that inspires us. We also wanted a budget friendly option. I'm not a big walmart fan, but that's where we ended up. 

We were able to afford a 8'x10' grey shag rug. Then we not so patiently waited for it. 

Here she is. 



Then I unwrapped it and slowly got it in position, vacuumed, and fluffed it. 

I thought it was really fun to vacuum, as it was super squished down and flat when we got it. Here's a good example of the vacuuming contrast. 



TADA! 


We love it. We need a coffee table and a lamp for the room still, but the rug has helped me with liking this room again. I'm actually really glad that we got a bigger rug, as it helps fill in the room. All of the rugs that we could afford besides this one were much smaller. This one is the perfect size. 



1 comment:

  1. We really need to get some light in this room! It looks so much better all lit up.

    -JL

    ReplyDelete