Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Random Monday: And on the Monday, She said "Let there be light!"

FINALLY. FINALLY there is light in our living room. I was headed to Target to snag a lamp for fifty clams that we had agreed on, and I thought that I should stop by Goodwill. Juuust in case. 

Here was the lamp we were going to get. Not our favorite thing ever, but in our price range and slightly stylish. 

Tripod Floor Lamp - Silver

But what I had not so secretly wanted was a lamp that would give light over the couch. Like an arc lamp, but those were too expensive. I liked this look from Urban Outfitters: 

Cantilever Lamp

So imagine my shock when I walked into Goodwill and saw this dude. 


I know. You can't believe it. 

He's super heavy, high quality stuff. He was mine at 25 clams. The best part, he's super bright. (And apparently a boy...) Now..... He's 80's all the way. That needs to change. First, I took off the cage underneath the light. Safety be dammed. I think we might be spray painting him or painting the frosted part on the top of the lamp. Or leaving him alone, as is my husband's vote. It will be determined at a later date. Meanwhile we are just ecstatic to have some light in this place. I can stop calling it my dark room for photography. 

Have a great Monday! 



1 comment:

  1. It looks about 100x better in there now, that was a really great find.

    ReplyDelete