Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Booze Thursday: Pumpkin Time!

I bought pumpkins at the grocery store the other day, and of course I needed to randomly pick up a six pack of pumpkin beer. Hey, it was on sale. Tis the season of pumpkins. 


It is pretty yummy. It is a ton more fruity that I anticipated, but that is a good thing. It has a subtle pumpkin taste, and it tastes more like a raw pumpkin than a pumpkin pie, hence the fruity-ness. It is a lot less intense than I expected, it's actually slightly refreshing. It's not a super well crafted beer. I would describe it as having 'drinkability'. Which is a way of saying that it's a beer with mass appeal. 

I went back for seconds, which I don't normally do. I think it's a solid offering for this season, but if you want something more substantial tasting, go for something like Avery's Rumpkin. 


Have a great Thursday! 

1 comment: