Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DIY Tuesday: Ants!

I found a swarm of ants yesterday when I was cleaning in my bedroom. They were right by my side of the bed, ew, ew, ew. It's that time of year that the ants swarm in Oregon so I was expecting it to happen soon. I don't think my house is dirty, it just is an Oregon thing. But I was still SUPER irritated. Lots of cussing. 

Instead of using a chemical  ant spray, I want to share with you my NEW WONDER SPRAY recipe. 
It's orange oil and vinegar. 

I use this to keep spiders away (spiders taste with their feet and don't like the taste of orange oil)

I use this to kill weeds (the oil helps the vinegar stick to the weeds and kills it faster)

I use this to clean my counter top (cuts through grease and grime like no one's business)

I use this to clean my tub (let it sit on the tub for a while, wipe off)

I use this to kill and keep away ants (This is the best part! The vinegar kills the ants on contact, destroys the hormone trail that they follow, and the orange oil creates a barrier that they will not cross)

I just filled up a spray bottle with regular vinegar (I buy it at Costco for super cheap)
and added about a half-cup orange oil. I bought it off of Amazon. Here's the link: Orange Oil 
The bottle is huge!!! 

I think you should try this new spray concoction! I haven't seen an ant since I sprayed it and vacuumed their little corpses up. 

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment