Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DIY Tuesday: L is for Luxurious

My front door was looking a little plain, and it was getting on my nerves. I decided to make a quick letter craft to announce who's house this was. People NEED to know that. 

I picked a type that I liked (High Tower) and typed an L. I made it as big as I could without running off the page, then I printed it. 



It still wasn't as big as I wanted, so I cut it out leaving about a 1/2 inch around the black edge. Then I traced it onto cardboard and cut it out. 



I LOVE felt. It's cheap, easy to work with, doesn't fray, and comes in great colors. I had some gray felt left over from a craft. I cut strips from the felt. Then I spread glue on the cardboard letter and glued the felt on, cutting the strips so that they were about 1/2 inch too long on either side of the letter. 



When I had the letter covered, I glued the ends of the felt to the back of the letter. 

Then I cut some petals out of mustard felt. (This part is lacking in pictures. My memory card was pretty full of sunset pics--coming later) I glued them in a flower shape and then stuck a button on the middle. I grabbed some leftover ribbon and glued the center of the strip on the back of the letter. 

When all was said and done, it looked like this: 



MUCH BETTER THAN A PLAIN DOOR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment