Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Booze Thursday: Green Lakes

Being in Portland, I feel an obligation to drink Oregon beer. Sure, I might desperately want that six pack of White Rascal that I see at John's Market, but I must resist until I have explored Oregon beer more. 

This particular beer was the first draft beer I had in Oregon. Deschutes' Organic Green Lakes Amber Ale. When I went to visit Portland with Jon we stopped in the pearl district in downtown. After walking around in the rain, we grabbed a beer at Deschutes' downtown brewpub location. This beer caught my eye. 

It did not disappoint. It was sweet, yet crisp. That sweetness combined with a lot of yummy malty-ness makes this a keeper for me! It's also got a little bit of nice dryness that perfectly counteracts the sweetness. In short, TASTY. 


Here's the shot from Deschutes so you can see what it looks like in the glass: 


Here's my shot of my bottle I will be enjoying later: 


The best organic beer I have ever had, by far. Take a look-see at your local liquor store and see if they carry it!

No comments:

Post a Comment