Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Chairs

I think that I am the most picky chair person ever. I can find tables that I like, sofas, anything that I like--in our price range--except dining chairs. The ones that I have now were a goodwill find that I recovered and painted white. I do like them, but now I need four more for our new table and Thanksgiving. Not easy when they are from goodwill. I have been searching for 8 chairs at an affordable price for a while now, no luck. I do like the mismatched chair look, but I think that 8 different chairs would look much, much better than 4 white matching chairs and 4 random. Here's an example of mismatched chairs done right: 


Mine would not look this great. At. All. And we want a permanent, good looking solution like the one above or all matching chairs, instead of a crazy mishmash. That might be FAR in the future. 

I'm thinking--unless I find a goodwill MIRACLE, that at Thanksgiving we will be sitting in four white chairs, two outside bistro set chairs, one side chair, and a random chair that I will pick up sometime. Deal with it. All buts will have a place and the table will be large enough to hold all of the food. Done. 

Long in the future, here's some inspiration chairs that I would want to consider: 

These Eames inspired chairs are great, and the husband would like that they have arms. 


Ideally, they would be mixed with the arm-less version. Like this: 


Alternatively, there are some lovely wood options out there: 



Wholesale Interiors Sonore Solid Wood Mid-Century Style Dining Chair (Set of 2)
And even upholstered ones: 


I'm not going to tell you the price of any of these, because this is a DREAM post. A girl can dream, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment