Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DIY Tuesday: Denim, Denim, Denim, Denim, Denim


So I had two pairs of jeans that I like a lot, but they were too light for me. I decided to dye them darker.  The skinny jeans had some weird fading on parts, and the boot cut jeans had some whisker marks on the top area that were unflattering. 


I took the jeans and got them all wet. Make sure that they are soaked. 

Then I set the washer to small load, hot water, and let it fill up. I even poured two electric kettles full of boiling water in. I pulled the knob out to stop the cycle when it stopped filling and started agitating. 



I then added 1 package navy blue RIT dye, and 1 package black dye. I wanted them dark. 

I then threw the pants in the washer and let it sit for an hour. Then I pushed the knob back in and the cycle went on. When it was done, I put them through another wash and then dried them in the sun (because I'm not a big fan of dryer dried jeans) Voila! 


I think this picture makes them look lighter than they are in person. In person they are a dark dark denim. They look much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment