Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Good Eats Wednesday: Qui-noah? Keen-no-ah? A-coke-and-a-cola?



Which one's right? I'll never tell. 

I made a delish dish with some quinoa the other night and I think I should share. For those of you new to the world of quinoa, it's a grain that cooks kinda like rice, tastes nutty and crunchy, and is a complete protien. People are really trying to make quinoa happen right now. 

Anyway, I cooked some up with some water, for some time. Seriously, don't overthink the cooking of quinoa. Rinse it, put it in a pot, cover with water, boil for about 10 minutes, taste it, see if it's done. Let it set to absorb some more liquid. Done. 
If you measure anything I think that you've gone too far. TOO FAR.


Earlier in the day, the husband and I went berry picking. They had eggplant ready to be picked, so we ended up picking some blackberries and eggplant. We were feeling very purple that day apparently. The eggplant was the best eggplant that I have ever had or ever will have. Ever. 

I blanched the eggplant in water and some vinegar to help keep away browning--like what happens with an apple. Then I let it cool in the fridge with some paper towels on it. Then, I coated in in breadcrumbs and briefly fried it in a hot pan with some olive oil. 





Then I sauteed some spinach until it was just wilted. 

Also, I poached two eggs. 
And I sauteed some panchetta until it was a bit crispy.  I was a bad picture taker on this part. 

Then I put the quinoa in the bottom of the bowl, followed by spinach, eggplant, egg. Then I garnished with the panchetta and some parmesan cheese. 


AND it was gooood. Oh, runny yolk, I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment