Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

And the "Husband of the Year" award goes to....

We ordered a web cam. Hit me up if you want to Skype with us...now with video! When the box came, I ripped it open, expecting just the webcam. Well, that's not all that was in there. 

First, let's rewind a bit. I am a good present guesser. Husband HATES it when I guess his presents, and I must say that I have pretty good accuracy with my guesses. It bums him out. 

So, this time he didn't even tell me I was getting a present, and I was SUPER surprised! 

It was a cookbook that I have been lusting after for a while now, Vegannonicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. 

Best part: he randomly picked it! He didn't know that I was crushing on it. 



Isa and Terry are behind the briefly lived public access TV show about vegan cooking, titled Post Punk Kitchen. That show launched an amazing website, www.theppk.com, which has tons of amazing recipes and forums. If you follow me on pinterest, know that 99.99 percent of vegan recipes I pin are from this lovely site. 

 I spend one rainy, cold, cloudy afternoon looking through it and marking recipes that made my mouth water. As you can see, there were a lot! 


I am so excited to share with you the awesome things that are inside! It's a great cookbook for anyone wanting to eat healthier, or decrease the animal products they are consuming. 

Last night I used two ideas to make a simple delicious dinner of steamed kale with sesame salt on top of brown rice with a tahini-miso sauce. Yum. 

If you are looking for a cookbook to help you eat less animal products, check this out. I recommend it for anyone!

Thanks for reading! Best wishes and love from Portland. 

1 comment:

  1. Husband of the YEAR? And it is only January... Looks like I am going to have and easy 11 months.

    ReplyDelete