Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Can these people read my mind?

I was sitting at the kitchen table yesterday, looking at all of the quilt squares I had cut out. Somehow I ended up needing 9 more squares. Just 9 measly 5" squares of fabric to complete the quilt. I was irritated. 

My mom told me that she sent me a package, but I had no idea that it was going to be so awesome. She sent me a ton of awesome stuff! I have to share what she sent me and brag on my mom a bit! 


On the upper left, you can see that she sent me some tea accessories that I grew up with. Major nostalgia. 


My rotary cutter is dull and frustrating, so here's a new one. She didn't know that I needed a new one. My quilting square is too small to cut the diagonal straight on my squares, so here's a longer one. She didn't know about that either. 


I wanted my next quilt to be a hexagon quilt, so naturally here are some pages for making sturdy templates. She didn't know I needed that. 


One of my main fabrics in my quilt is a batik. Here are some more batik fabrics to help me finish my quilt. I'm pretty sure that the bottom right one will be perfect.


She also included two quilting magazines. They have patterns and templates, which are awesome. 

Thanks for reading my mind, mom! This was the perfect selection of items to keep my quilting going. You rock! 

Thanks for reading! Best wishes and love from Portland. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay Barbara! Mom's know best... Have fun Sheridan. Looking forward to your next post.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bab's is a mind reader! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I get so much joy from my quilting projects.

    ReplyDelete