Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Operation Quilt

I've always wanted to make a quilt. I love to cuddle with a finished quilt, and I think that sewing small pieces together precisely is much easier than sewing big pieces without error. So, since my motto during my year off has been "do it now, while you have time!", I'm totes making one. 

It's going to be a full size quilt, in a chevron pattern made up of triangles. Here's what the pattern will look like: 

Pinned Image

My quilt will have lots of patterns (Mixing patterns gives me great joy!) and a different color scheme of brown, yellow, and blues. Some patterns were from my fabric stash, which really kept the cost down. This project allowed me to use up a TON of fabric that I have been holding on to. Yet another reason to quilt. 
Here are the fabrics I have selected for the quilt: 



First step is to cut squares. A lot of squares. I spent most of yesterday afternoon cutting precise 5" squares. 



I still have more to cut, then they get sewed diagonally and cut into triangles. Here's my lame awesome paint diagram: 


Of course you know I'll keep you updated! There's a lot of work to be done but I'm loving this project. 

Thanks for reading! Best wishes and love from Portland. 

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea. It's going to be SO Pretty!

    I can't help but to think of Stargate when I read "Chevron." Chevron 6 encoded :-)

    Looking forward to updates.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll call it my Stargate quilt! Love you too!

      Delete