Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Year Refresh

I've been working on organizing and cleaning our home lately, as the new year has me thinking about freshening up our home. 

One place that was driving me crazy was the TV area. It had dangling cords, video games and movies everywhere, and generally looked cluttered. This past weekend the Husband just happened to go to town on the video game situation, and magically fit all of the games and movies into concealed storage around the den. That was a big problem solved. All I had to do was mess with the accessories, which is my favorite part! 

Here's what it looked like before any work was done: 


And here's the after: 


I changed the order of the candles on top, and traded the plant to be on the left (closer to the window). Then I put the speaker on top of the unit, stuck video game controllers in the army truck, cleaned up the massive pile of catalogs on the right, and tied back the cords hanging around the fireplace. I kept the shelves very simple, and tried to balance the pictures and accessories on either side. My favorite part is always messing with the accessories, you've just gotta mess with it until it feels right. I also traded out the big ottoman for the small one that came with the sofa. I don't know if we'll keep it here, but I need to do some work on the other one before it comes back. 

I hope that this post inspires you to tackle an area of your space that is bothering you. It feels so good to re-imagine a space that you see everyday. Change is good! 

Thanks for reading! Best wishes and love from Portland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment