Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Good Eats Wednesday: Salsa Chicken!

Last night, I wanted something for dinner that made it feel like a party for the election result watching night. I decided to make salsa chicken. It's the easiest thing ever...actually this doesn't even count as a recipe. It's like something you would see on pinterest, minus the cream of _____ soup, ew. 

Take 3 chicken breasts.
Throw them in a crock pot. 
Pour over about 2 cups of salsa, your choice. (I made my own, because I have too much free time)



Add some corn or beans or something if you want. 
Cook 6-8 hours on low. 
Shred chicken, return to crock pot.




Add some sort of creamy substance. This could be sour cream, queso substance, cottage cheese, or cream cheese. I happened to use about a cup of greek yogurt. 



I then added a cup of shredded colby jack cheese.

Eat with chips. Yum. 
Husband looooved it. 

1 comment: