Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Random Monday: Thanks for the decor!

My genius husband came up with this blog post title. Clever boy. 

This post is about the turkey day decor I have going on in my houzzz right now. 
Even though it's not DIY Tuesday, I will share a bit about how I made each item, as y'all know it's made cheap! 

First, I made the door decoration that says Thankful. 

I used word to create triangles on a page, then typed the letters to make up Thankful inside them. I printed them on my old standby, which is brown craft card stock left over from my wedding. Then I cut them out, ghetto laminated them with packaging tape (optional if you don't live in a RAIN FOREST), and affixed them to a ribbon with some more tape. I like tape. 

Tied on my door, it looks like this: 


I also stuck tape on the door to help the pennants stay where I wanted them. Moral of the story: Tape. 

Also, I made a nifty table runner. I bought a 1/3 of fabric...total 1.66. 



Then I ironed the edges over. 


I was too lazy to sew  didn't have the right color thread, so I used liquid stitch to glue the edges down.


 TADA! 

IMAG0639.jpg


And here's a picture of me as a thumb: 



No comments:

Post a Comment