Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Random Monday: It's a great idea...Ikea!

Yesterday we had zero plans. My ingenious husband came up with the idea of visiting our favorite Swedish store, Ikea. I can't turn down meatballs and random cheap purchases. 

We ended up buying a sleeping pillow, table runner for Christmas, Christmas ornaments, a pretty cool roasting pan, and wrapping paper. 

Throughout the store I took pictures of what I liked. I thought I'd share my 'window shopping' Ikea experience with you! 


We liked this dining chair because of its gray/brown color. It would be great with a colorful cushion on it. I think that they were around 25 dollars a chair. 


These chairs make me drool every time we are at Ikea. They are 140 a piece, so not on the budget today. Maybe someday. The seat is a taupe/grey fabric. Gorgeous. 


This is the table runner I bought, except the background is white. It is a super fun graphic print! I'm excited to decorate the table with it. 


This chair is another Ikea staple that makes me drool each time. It is like a dark grey felt fabric. I think that they are like 150 a piece. 



The lovely husband is modeling a chair that I hadn't seen before. It's a dark blue wing back chair. The pic sucks, so here's the Ikea pic: 
STRANDMON Wing chair IKEA You can really loosen up and relax in comfort because the high back on this chair provides extra support for your neck.

It also comes in gray. Fierce. 

STRANDMON Wing chair IKEA You can really loosen up and relax in comfort because the high back on this chair provides extra support for your neck.



I really liked this fabric. Something about the color combination and almost architectural pattern appealed to me. If our name started with a Y, you could bet that would be on our headboard STAT. Otherwise, I could see it as an accent pillow or table runner. 


This picture is just a laugh. The zany Ikea store decorators cut up a fur rug and made little booties for this chair. Ya know, no holiday gathering is complete without furry chair legs. 


This one is obviously not Ikea, but I thought that you might appreciate the snapshot of a cool spiderweb that I took while chasing a cat out of my yard (I was yelling, "I love you kitty, but don't come in my yard!!!!!!!). Yeah, we live a glamorous life here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment