Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Turkey Talk

So with the awesome reality that I will have a packed house full of family and friends for Thanksgiving, I  don't think that my well loved and carefully restored pedestal table will cut it. Right now I count ten people....TEN!!! My pedestal table seats 4. 
In case you can't math, 10-4=6. I. need. a. bigger. table. 


Thanksgiving feels far away now, but I know your sneaky tricks Mr. Calendar. 


Anywho, I can't find a table that I like for any kind of reasonable price. I'm picky, and making a table is the best way to get what I want. If I don't like it, I can only blame myself. Perfect. So, naturally I turned to pinterest to see what was up. 




This is what was up: 


dining table diy
Drool....I love hairpin legs like these ones, and I have been wanting to use them forever.

DIY dining table!  I will be making this for Thanksgiving!
I like the legs on this one as well, not so much with the driftwood look on top. Bonus: Legs are from Ikea!


I pitched the idea to the husband and he said we should roll with it. All of the tutorials online say that it basically involves cutting planks to desired size and attaching them from below with a small cross-plank and screws. If that doesn't make sense, I will post pictures as we make it and you'll get the whole story. It's not going to be THAT easy, of course, but gosh darn-it we will make it happen! 

Husband also pitched the idea that we could include a leaf by buying the sliders for it and making a leaf to match the table. I'm still super intimidated by this idea, but I'm not crossing it off yet! 





No comments:

Post a Comment