Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Adventure Time Friday: Don't go making phoney calls...

News Flash: The Pacific Northwest is wet. Wet, I tell ya! 




The hike we went (Elowah Falls) on is only a little over a mile each way, but it has the best payoff of almost any hike that I've ever been on. It's about 45 minutes east of our house, in the Columbia River Gorge area. Super beautiful. 


I used to think, eh, waterfalls, no big deal. When we rounded the bend and saw the waterfall, my heart stopped. I'm not sure what is all at once so soothing yet exciting about rapidly falling water. We both took turns getting as close to the waterfall as possible, getting soaked in the process. Oregon feels prehistoric to me, with the huge ferns, GIANT slugs, and huge leafy tree cover. I love the feeling I get when I'm underneath the trees. I know this is a short post, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. See ya on Monday!



















No comments:

Post a Comment