Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Inspiration Monday: "This couch, nice color!"

This inspiration post is all about our new, fantastic, daring, lovely couch and how it's inspiring the rest of the room. 


 It's from Macy's (I didn't know they made furniture until a while ago, did you?) and it's this one! We have been stalking it since the first week we moved here, and we finally pulled the trigger. We got it on a 10% off sale, with a $100 discount for opening a Macy's store card that we're just going to cancel anyways. Not too shabby if you ask me!



Here's what it looks like in the house: 





Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, Sexy Lady!!! 
Watch this video to feel how I feel when I look at our couch: 

I'm glad I found a way to work that into this post. 

Safe to say, we love it. It's hard to tell from that picture of course but it totally brightens up what once was a super dark, empty room. YAY for furniture! We love how it has a strong nod to the mid century style that we love so much without being something that will be dated in a few years. The color is not for everyone, but it is absolutely for us! 

When the delivery guys brought it in, he told us he liked the color. I know he probably says that to everyone, but a girl can pretend, right? 

Already, I'm really digging the yellow on the canvas art behind it and how it ties into the couch. The bookshelf was a garage sale steal, totally MCM (Mid Century Modern) and from a couple that was going into a nursing home together. They had for a long time and loved it, and I will do the same. Here's a better view of how that's accessorized: 

Across from the couch is our old light grey ikea ottoman that matches the couch in the den. I wanted to break up the matchy-matchy-ness of the house, so the old couch now has a huge dark grey felt ottoman that I made out of a thrifted table. 

Here's a dark shot from the end of the space (admittedly, I closed the heavy drapes so I wouldn't be shooting into light.)

You can see the ottoman and the bentwood chair I picked up at Goodwill outlet. Yes, outlet. That's going to be getting a new cushion shortly. 

My biggest dilemma right now is a rug. We need  a rug in this space, and rugs are soooooo expensive. The only thing I know for sure is that I don't want to shy away from color in this space even though we have a bright couch. I think the right colorful rug could add a ton of awesome funky-ness to the space. 

Now first to the dream rugs (out of my price range but beautiful none the less):

The anthro ones won't let me grab pics, so you're gonna have to click. Sorry! 







This one above is the ULTIMATE. I've been thinking about getting a cheap plain white rug and painting it to match this. There are plenty of tutorials on the internet about painting rugs, check it out if you don't believe me! 


  I like this one too, but it's a little grey for the space. Grey is great, but too much grey is dangerous! 


Here's some more affordable, pre-made options from Urban Outfitters. 

Blast, Urban Outfitters won't let me grab pictures either, I'll have to figure out how to get around that. In the meantime, here you go! 




My favorites are def the last two. Some of them we might have to buy multiples of to get the size we want and put them on a nice grip-y rug pad, but that's ok with us! 

We will probably end up with a diy project or a cheaper option. Some rug prices are just ridiculous! I mean, I walk on you! 

I will keep you posted on what we decide, but in the meantime I hope that this post helped you with some rug inspiration of your own!  

No comments:

Post a Comment