Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Natural and Chic Week: Alaffia Products

I know that some people have some hesitation when trying new products, especially when natural products tend to cost a bit more than regular products. It's worth it, trust me. 

So, since I do like this blog to be a bit of everything, I thought that I would share with you some of the ready-made beauty products that I have had great success with. Of course, I was not paid to endorse these products, and I decided to write this post of my own volition. 

You might notice a trend throughout this post, and that is products called "Everyday ______" It could be Everyday Shea, or Everyday Coconut. 
All of the products I talk about in this post (even the leave in conditioner) are made by Alaffia Sustainable Skin Care and Everyday Shea.

I am wild about this brand. It's made in Washington, and they help the people of Togo, Africa stay in school, have maternal health, and other awesome humanitarian things. Ten percent of their profit goes back into the Togo community. The country of Togo produces the shea butter used in the product, and it's all fair trade and kind to the people of Togo. 

 All of their products have super clean ingredients, and smell great. 

I will never use another lotion besides theirs. 

It's the best at moisturizing deeply. It smells awesome, especially since I love lavender so much. Their products usually come in 3 different scents, one unscented. The others are scented with natural essential oils.
 Anyways, back to the lotion. It's not greasy at all, and still is highly effective. I like lotion that absorbs quickly, and doesn't make my legs feel like a giant oil slick. It helps that all their products come in giant sizes with a pump! I can get this on sale locally for under ten dollars. 

I also love their body wash. Silky lather, moisturizing, rinses clean. It makes my shower feel special! Enough said. 



For conditioner, I recently switched to an Alaffia product. 
 Big Surprise, right? I mean, almost everything I use is made by them. 
Super Hydrating Conditioner

This is the best conditioner I have ever used, conventional or not. It doesn't feel heavy, yet does a great job of deeply moisturizing down to the scalp. I need a lot of hydration in my hair, so if you don't I recommend a conditioner from their Everyday Shea line. I used to use their regular shea conditioner, but it was not moisturizing enough for my hair. 
 I will probably switch to their coconut shampoo too, but it was sold out last time I was at the store. 

I also use Alaffia's leave in conditioner from another line by them called Beautiful Curls. This line is generally for wavy or curly hair that needs moisture. I use just a dollop, and my hair dries silky and smooth.

Curl Enhancing Shea Butter LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER
At this point I feel like I should own stock in Alaffia. 
This leave in conditioner helps my hair to stay frizz-less, even in Oregon rain town. If you have curly hair, I HIGHLY recommend you check their curl products out. I have been using this product for almost 2 years, and I am a convert. Honestly, try it even if you don't have curly hair, it's that good. 

I think I am a life-long Alaffia user. I want to try every product they make, especially the bubble bath. Check out the products through their website. 

http://www.alaffia.com/index.asp

Click shop in the top right, then scroll down to see all options. The "Everyday _______" options are on the right side of the page, as they are on a different website. 
I like supporting such a great company, and I want to get the word out about what a great job they are doing!

Thanks for reading! Best wishes and love from Portland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment