Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

An Exercise in Personal Style



As I was preparing to clean out my closet for the Spring Cleaning Challenge (You doing that still? No? Oh well.) I realized that my wardrobe needed some fine tuning. I had seen something online about creating a 'capsule wardrobe' which is like an inspirational map of where you want your wardrobe to be. This can go with you while you shop to keep you from buying those crazy items that have no place in your wardrobe. Since I am exploring every avenue of self-improvement lately, I decided to take a stab at it. I found it very useful, since you don't usually sit down and think about what colors look good on you, and what you want to project to the world. At least, I didn't before this exercise. 

I highly recommend you try this for yourself, and if you do, please show me what you came up with. I used polyvore.com, which is useful if you can get past the teenage clothes, like crop sweatshirts that proclaim NERD.

I created some looks with polyvore, then used word to make the rest. Here's the finished product: 



I feel much more focused about what I want to wear. I think that I will use this to clean out my closet, eliminating things that deviate from the guidelines too much. I already have so much that fits with this guide, and my closet is where I pulled the colors and rules from. This will help me stay away from trends--peplum and colored jeans stay away please! I don't want to be someone who wears the same thing everyday, but guidelines like this make putting together outfits super easy.

  Let me know if you try it! 

Thanks for reading! 
Best wishes and love from Portland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment