Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Finished, Finally!

I finally finished the dresser. The very last step was rubbing on Feed-N-Wax with an old sock, and letting it absorb. That was so easy and quick. Then I got the rest of the handles on it and brought the whole she-bang inside. I set it up in the guest room and did some accessorizing. 

As a reminder, here it was before, fresh from the curb: 






Are you ready? 
















Really ready? 





















Really really ready? 



















Ok, here it is!









Overall, I'm really happy with it. It was free, which is obviously great. I learned how to strip wood, and how to finish wood without stain. The wood itself isn't the nicest, but it goes with the rustic decor we have going on in the guest room. It will be nice to have some place for guests to store their clothes!

To keep with the rustic travel decor we have going on in the guest room, I placed some international-ish items on the dresser. There is a picture collage from Mykonos, Greece, a camera I used in high school, my favorite ceramic bird, travel books, and some Japanese tea cups. It will probably change, but  it works for now. 
I am so excited that this project is finished! I am glad I got to share the journey with you. 

Thanks for reading! Best wishes and love from Portland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment