Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Veggie Grill

We got to eat at an all vegan restaurant the other day, called the Veggie Grill. It's a chain with locations in California, Washington, and Oregon. I have been excited to try this place since we have gone vegan, and it was great! 

http://www.veggiegrill.com/index.html

It's more focused on meat substitutes than whole food eating, but when I'm craving some 'normal' food, this is where I will go. Plus, it is HUGE joy to order something off the menu without any extra instructions. I was grinning like a little girl the whole time. 

I got a buffalo chicken salad, and husband got a cheese burger with all the fixins. We went with a friend who is not vegan, and he enjoyed his Thai wrap. 

This is mine, and I don't know what happened to husband's food pic. Note: I had eaten like half of this before I remembered to take a pic, so it's MUCH bigger than this. 


Here's a fancy professional pic of husbands food:


It was so freaking good. My food even had ranch dressing on it. I need that recipe Veggie Grill, give it up!!!! The 'chicken' bits were crispy and coated in hot wing sauce. MMMMMMM, now I'm hungry. 

I had a bite of the burger, and it was awesome. The best vegan burger I have ever had, by FAR. We got it 'El Dorado style' which includes jalapenos and onions. It came with a side of red cabbage slaw, although there are other side options, some for an upgrade price. 

I have a feeling that this will be our go-to restaurant whenever I feel the itch to go out. It's so satisfying and a perfect treat for anyone--vegan or not. If there's one near you (sorry, Colorado peeps) check it out ASAP!

Thanks for reading! Best wishes and love from Portland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment